It is a pleasure to e-meet you! My name is Brandon Carson and I will be the program manager for the Open at Scale – Business OER project. I have worked in the post-secondary sector for 11 years, with experience in part-time teaching, curriculum development, instructional design, and educational technologies.
If you are passionate about Open Educational Resources (OER)/Open Educational Practices, or you are connected to a School of Business as a student, faculty member, administrator, employers, librarian or teaching and learning resource, then this site is for you.
The current highlights of the Open at Scale – Business OER project include:
Project Timeline – a project timeline was created to execute and maintain project oversight. An agile project management approach is being used for this project, breaking the project down into small iterative components that can be released throughout the project lifecycle.
Stakeholder Consultation – We consulted with stakeholders to select nine prioritized business courses for the Open at Scale – Business OER project:
- Business Fundamentals / Intro to Business
- Business Mathematics
- Business Communication / Professional Writing
- Intro to Marketing
- Intro to Human Resources
- Financial Accounting / Intro Accounting
- Intro to Business Computing
- Organizational Behaviour
Additionally, we also:
- Co-designed an instructional design (ID) template that will be used to guide the adaptation and development of open resources
- Co-designed a style guide to be used by authoring teams in the development of open resources
- Reviewed the OER (based on environmental scan) for the following 9 selected courses
Environmental Scan – Kyle Mackie Consulting Ltd. was recently contracted to conduct an environmental scan of business-related open educational resources (OER). This environmental scan is meant to identify existing or soon-to-be-released business OER that can be used in college and university level business courses by post-secondary institutions based in Ontario, Canada.
The Open at Scale – Business OER project is moving fast, and I look forward to connecting with individuals interested in becoming involved in the project.
Do you have any questions? Please comment below, connect with me on social media or contact me.